To start primary school your child must turn five years of age, or older, by 30 April of the year that they start school.
When to enrol
You can enrol your child in Tallangatta Primary School at any time during the year. This is particularly helpful if you are moving to a new area, interstate or from overseas.
Planning ahead, Tallangatta Primary School starts taking enrolments as early as May the year before your child is due to start school.
How to enrol
To enrol your child in Tallangatta Primary School you will need to fill out an enrolment form at that school and provide the school with important information about your child, including:
- evidence of your child’s date of birth
- your contact, phone and address details, and that of any other parent, guardian and/or carer
- names and contact details of emergency contacts
- doctor’s and dentist’s names and phone numbers
- Immunisation Status Certificate
- health and welfare information
- information about the language/s your child speaks and hears at home
Enrolment forms are available at the general office. If you need help fill out the enrolment form, the school staff can help organise this for you.
Tallangatta Primary School conducts an orientation day so prospective students can see their new environment, meet the teachers and see the classrooms prior to the first day of school.
We encourage you to attend these orientation days with your child so that you also can familiarise yourself with the school and its environment.
Contact Us for more information.